Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I don't post . . .

I have a blog for my classroom, which all the parents can log into and it is updated about twice a week. It would seem that I could update this blog at the same time, but no, for some reason I choose to correct homework, do dishes, do laundry, correct homework, plan school work or sleep. I am going to make an effort to blog, if for no other reason than to just talk out my day. At school we had our first library (off campus) visit and I must say, I was very impressed with my students. They handled the fact that there were a lot of high school students (with green or purple hair) visiting the library today. (Did I mention the dog collars or the piercings?) Let's just say that taking 9 students from a private school to a public library during a half day at the local high school, was quite an eye opener for a lot of my students!

I am now three weeks into my third masters class. For some reason, I could really care less about this class than the other two. This class is about teaching reading, my least favorite subject to teach. I am doing well in the class with a B+ average so far. Apparently a B is considered graduate level work. I think a B will be just fine this time around.

Funny kid story: My students bring lunch to class and eat in the room. We have a microwave and a refrigerator. After heating up a meat and cheese sandwich for a girl she began eating. She quickly set down her sandwich and said, "Oh, my mom forgot to peel the cheese!" Needless to say (because I had heated the sandwich) she didn't eat her very melted Kraft single cheese and meat sandwich!


1 comment:

JJJ said...

Funny - I'll have to remember to "unwrap the cheese" when packing the kids' lunches!! :-)

Glad to see you back on!