Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July

My apartment just shook to the foundation from an amazingly loud and powerful firework. My cats are freaking out and have hidden themselves away somewhere safe in the living room.

I spent today cleaning up my deck and bedroom. Somehow, even as organized as I am, during the last two weeks of school every thing just gets away from me; from report cards, to inventory of my entire classroom, to graduation and then vacation a day after school is out - let's just say that I now have a completely cleaned out closet, a dining room table that I can actually eat off of and most of my office desk is now usable.

For the past few weeks the outside of my apartment building was being painted, what an experience that has been. I think they are finished with my deck, so maybe in the next few days I will be able to replant all my plants and I will finally have my living room back - I had to store all my deck stuff in the living room-doesn't sound so bad to you? Well consider this, I had inch worms in my bathroom, spiders spinning webs in the kitchen and slugs on my living room carpet! ugh!!

No comments: